Monday, July 02, 2007

Indian Airlines

We were booked on an international Indian Airlines flight...or rather, Indian (the name they now go by). Well, the service was very good, the flight was clean and new, and the food was very good! Surprised? So was I. I hadn't flown Indian in years, now that there are so many better choices out there. But I was quite proud that Indian was still going strong and actually a pretty enjoyable experience. And let me tell you, I was expecting the worst!



The meal they served was an afternoon snack. There was a choice of tomato, egg, chicken or vegetable sandwiches, salad and a chocolate brownie. The sandwiches were great but what was really nice was the salad. It was a healthy moong dal, tomatoes and chaat masala. The flavors were very surprising. And I thoroughly enjoyed it. Hurrah for Indian!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

//And let me tell you, I was expecting the worst!// - That really works for them in a positive way I guess. I flew Lufthansa and I was pretty much dissapointed with their food, cramped seats and hospitality maybe because I expected more.

Arundathi said...

Yes, definitely was impressed because of my low expectations, but atleast my expectations weren't met!
Hmm...people always recommend Lufthansa over British Air, and I've found that thats generally true. Apart from my dad who had a very bad experience aboard Lufthansa once, generally I've never heard anything bad.

But you are right, their food is quite terrible.

Raaga said...

Lufthansa's food is even worse on its shorter flights... within Europe for instance...

but Arundathi... Indian's food was always good... it is Jet that was bad... good service lousy food. Indian always had good food and now Kingfisher is competing in that arena.

Arundathi said...

I guess the last time I flew Indian, it was so long ago, that I dont remember the food - only the old peeling decor and the mournful music in the background.
Since that was my memory of Indian, I was pleasantly surprised.

Raaga said...

imagine... I had to suffer Air India all the way from Madras to New York... via Bombay, Delhi, Dubai and London. If you're an Indian, they'll treat you like some dishcloth... but if you're firang... the great Indian hospitality is out there.

Arundathi said...

Not sure if that is true of Indian - they treated the Indians as well as the firangs.